Urinary & Nephrology - Discover Program Manager (W/M/X)
Location: ideally Aimargues (30 minutes from Montpellier)
Royal Canin has a strong innovation agenda delivering health and nutrition to cats & dogs. To maintain Royal Canin’s leadership, the Discover team must continuously generate knowledge and explore new solutions that can be leveraged in products and services for veterinarians.
The Discover Program Manager creates and drives the short and long term research roadmap that will deliver innovative solutions to the Develop team, and enables & represents Royal Canin’s scientific expertise internally and externally. This particular role pertains to the Urology/Nephrology territory, a strategic area for Royal Canin’s veterinary business.
What are we looking for?
- MSc or PhD (preferred) where the person has developed an area of expertise in line with urology and/or nephrology, nutrition, veterinary science, animal science and/or animal physiology.
- Doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM or equivalent) preferred
- Post Doc or initial experience of 3+ years of Research & Development in a corporate environment is a plus.
- English is fluent.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Deliver Solutions implementable in Royal Canin Business
- Stay updated of the state of the art in their area of expertise.
- Create the roadmap in their areas of expertise according to capabilities, science trends, epidemiology (including resource requested) and state of the art. This roadmap has to deliver nutritional solution, knowledge and diagnostic tools to support product story and claims.
- Evaluate critical success factors and risks for transfer of the solution to the product development team
- Execute the roadmap managing research projects and taking the lead from ideation to publication. This includes protocol validation, research contracting, ethical review, final reporting and scientific publication. This may include supervision and guidance of internships or PhD students on specific projects.
- Keep internal customers engaged on projects defining the right pace of communication and involvement.
- Propose the potential routes for implementation in product. Transfer the requested knowledge to Develop team to facilitate implementation in new products
- Be a stakeholder of the global R&D teams to take the best value of current pipeline and influence projects valuable for Royal Canin Business.
Support Royal Canin technically
- Be able to expose their work (purpose, product & service related) to different levels of the organization including senior leaders.
- Contribute to product performance improvement within his area of expertise having a global view of Royal Canin product performance, competitor products performance, scientific state of the art and proposing improvements when needed.
- Provide technical expertise to subsidiaries when neither local nor scientific support is able to answer.
- Provide expert recommendations within R&D, commercial or QFS to help solving issues.
Contribute to Royal Canin’s scientific image
- Be able to discuss scientific topics with key opinion leaders and create a mutual relationship with them.
- Provide the scientific materials of their work (paper publication in peer review journal, abstract communication during Veterinary congress,…)
What can you expect from Mars and Royal Canin in particular?
- At Mars, we believe in a relationship of mutual trust, dignity and respect between our company and Associates that is more meaningful than the standard employer/employee relationship.
- As Associates, we can expect to be respected, supported and valued as individuals, to be treated fairly and equitably.
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars.
- You will work in a multicultural environment (more than 40 nationalities) and where your dog will be welcomed by more than 100 other Associate dogs at the office!
- You will evolve in the heart of an innovative site that will challenge you, on a daily basis